Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What does success means to you?

I just finished last Monday my training as an insurance agent. During the training there was much talk about success or being successful. Everyday on my way home I ask myself what does success means to me. I do not want to accumulation of wealth be the standard of my success, life is far deeper than material things. I do not want it also to about power and prestige, for too fades away and does not necessarily adds anything to my being. So what does success means to me?

The ultimate success for me is to be a successful human being. A successful person to me is someone who is fully alive. Someone who uses all that is good in him and all his talents to make this world a better place. He is a person who finds joy and meaning and life. He is also a source of joy, light and hope to others. Money, power and fame is only a means he uses to make this world a better place.

External successes will always fade away, as time fades away. But success that happens from within us, in our soul, will stay with us. Whatever success we have accomplished in our souls, we will take it to eternity.

“The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” - William James

No comments: