Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How Deep is Your Life?

Is your life shallow?

Most of us like to live in our lives in shallow waters, where it is safe and easy. You ain't gonna drown on shallow waters right? For many of us our days become a daily routine of monotonous activities. So we live our life with certain boredom and even some kind of jadedness.

Yet, there are those who live life in deep waters. They are not contented with mediocrity. They long to live life to the full. They desire to live a life that is meaningful and significant.

I remember when Jesus first saw Peter. Peter was on his boat, and his boat was on shore. Jesus just suddenly jumped on Peter’s boat and asked him to go to deep waters. Peter obliges. When they reached deep waters Jesus asked Peter to throw the nets. Peter replied, “Master we have worked all night and caught nothing. But at your word I will let down the nets” Their nets caught great numbers of fish that it was almost tearing!

Years ago I promised myself that I will not live a shallow life. So from then on I have been in a journey of seeking something deep and meaningful in my life. I am still long way on the journey of going to the deep waters and discovering what lies there.

I remind myself, like Peter, that God does not want me to live on shallow waters. He constantly draws me to the deep. Only in the deep shall I find the fullness of God’s grace and the fullness of my being. It is in the deep that Peter caught the great numbers of fish.

Right now, the deep waters is more of a mystery for me to discover. But I am sure about 3 things that I will find in there in the deep. Life, Love and God.

No comments: