Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What God and the World Preaches

The world tells us to be selfish, “Be selfish, you deserve it!”
God calls us to be selfless, “Deny yourself and carry your cross”

The world tells you be a “Be a Go-getter”
God calls us to be a “Be a Go-giver”

The world tells us to “take it all”
God wants us to “give it all”

The world says “You have the power”
The Christian says “I can do everything in Christ who strengthen me”

The World says “Use people to get ahead”
Jesus says “if you want to be my disciple you must be a servant to all “

The world says “Stuff yourself!”
Jesus said “Feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty”

The world says “You are ruler of your life”
The Christian says, “God, your will be done in my life”

The world says "Get even!"
Jesus said "Forgive your enemies"

The world promotes PRIDE
Christians strive for HUMILITY

Satan said “I will not serve”
The Saints said “I am God’s slave”

No comments: