Friday, November 28, 2008

Slippery Slopes

I just got back from the mountain side. After walking 20 minutes of slippery and muddy slopes my uncle and I finally arrive to this house. We dropped some milk and vitamins for the kids.

The mother has no regular job. Every now and then she sells suman. The father is in Pampanga working and seldom comes home. There are times they only eat one meal a day.




The first time I saw them the baby was malnourished and the next small one was having a hard time walking up due to malnutrition.

Hopefully I will find a way to help them on a monthly basis

This is one thing I learned serving with the Sisters, we do not let the poor come to us but we are the one who seeks them. In this way we are able to imitate Jesus the Good Shepherd who seeks the one lost sheep.

No comments: