Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Treasure No Once Can Steal

This morning I dropped by some milk and groceries to one of the poor family I know.

As I was walking towards their house, I was praying to God that I may learn something with my visit and that I may not be self-conscious. I wanted to brings Jesus presence there and not myself.

Few days ago, during my night meditation I realized that what I really considered my accomplishment was the things I have done for the poor and suffering. What I really valued was the resources, time and energy I gave in service to the needy. At that moment I understood more deeply what Jesus said, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and decay destroy, and thieves break in and steal. But store up treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor decay destroys, nor thieves break in and steal.” No one can take away from you what you have given away freely!

Jesus also said “For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be” Now I know where I should put my heart, my investment. I need to put it in a place where I can totally give it away.

I realized also that one of the sources of my fulfillment was making difference in people’s lives, even in a small way.

Now I can go forward with a sense of joy knowing the more I give away my resources, time and energy the more treasure I shall store not only in heaven but also in this life. And no one can take THAT away from me!

No comments: