Monday, April 14, 2008

Why you little….!

Last Sunday I was hanging out in one of my favorite place, the orphanage near by. The orphanage is run by religious sisters. I love when I arrive there and here the kids there shouting “kuya Daxx”. For a single person, this kind of affection helps a lot. I always feel welcomed there by the kids as they jump on me. I specially love the little ones, the one to 3 years old kids. They are so adorable.

Jesus said, “Unless you become like Children you cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven”. Looking and observing the kids, one thing is most prevalent among them, and that is JOY. When I arrived there, it was like there was a riot! Every one was in motion, some where chasing each other, running, shouting, sliding, swinging, singing and most of all smiling and laughing. I think part of what Jesus said about being like children is having their JOY, for heaven is a place of eternal joy! There are no grumpy people in heaven! If you want to go to heaven then we need to live a joyful life. Just remember the time when you were really feeling grumpy, then someone who was overly joyful came to you. What was your reaction? My reaction would be one of repulsion. The joy of that person becomes an annoyance to me. Now just imaging all your life you have been a grump! You died and entered heaven. Still grumpy, you see all of the people and angels there singing in Joy! Every one is so friendly and laughing their hearts out. If your like Scrooge your going to run to the nearest exit! Well I don’t want to tell you where the EXIT goes! Joy is a part of our Christian life! We adults must then again learn JOY form the children.

No comments: