Thursday, April 10, 2008

What is your worthy cause?

Last night I was watching American Idol gives back. I was caught touched by the segments about the foundations they are going to give the money. One video segment there was about helping those who have Aids in Africa. There is a mother there who goes around making sure the children infected with HIV take their medicine daily. What a conviction and selflessness the mother had. She was asked why she does it. She said that she lost three of her children to Aids. I was moved deeply by her testimony that I felt ashamed about myself. I looked back for the past three months that I lived my life selfishly. I only focused fulfilling my personal needs and wants. As I continued to watch the video segments of the foundations, God somehow used those to remind me what my life was all about. He reminded me what is important in this life. Life is about the love of God and neighbor. Life is not about selfishness but selflessness. It is better to give than to receive. God does have a sense of humor. The last thing I ever expected was to be converted by American Idol. That only shows God can use anything to make us a better person. So now I am asking myself, “What is my worthy cause?”

No comments: