Sunday, April 6, 2008

Are You a Chiken?

I love reading writings, thoughts and lives of the saints, holy and successful people. One thing I found in all of them was the ability to take risk! I have been reading lately about “how to be rich” books. What fascinated me was they are using the same principles of risk as the saints did. This successful people did not act like the ordinary person who is afraid of failure. To them, failure is the road to success. Bo Sanchez wrote “Fail your way to success”. It is the same thing I can see in the lives of the holy people I admire. My favorite is Mother Angelica, a Franciscan cloistered nun who built the biggest religious multi-media empire in the face of the earth, EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network). She started the network with only $200. She risked it all, and trusted Providence. One of my favorite stories about her when she ordered a printing machine, a man asked her, “Mother what if you won’t be able to pay this machine?” She answered, “Well I have published a thousand booklets before they take it!” I love what St. de Monfort said “If you cannot take risk for God, you won’t do anything worthwhile for Him.” Lately I have met many people who have great potential to be successful and can do great things for God, the only thing holding them back is their fear to fail. One author said we all have our “Chicken Little” in all of us! And we should follow what Col. Sanders, the founder of KFC, did. He fried it! Even though he failed so much he did not quit. He only became a millionaire in his very late age. So what are you waiting for? Do something daring! Maybe pray before u eat your meals before your officemates and friends. Risk looking strange for God. Doing this little daring things builds in us strength that will overcome our fears!


Blog by Daxx Bondoc
(www.inspirationalblogs.com)

*If you want to repost this blog please include From Inspirationalblogs.com and the end.

No comments: