Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fear or No Fear?

Last Wednesday I went with the sister to give medicine to the poor people in the mountains. We go to that area once a month. We always pass this hanging bridge hanging between the shallow river. The bridge was not in good condition. Many of the wooded steps are missing. There is a part there maybe 6 feet that has no wooden steps. We came down to do some picture taking near the bridge. One of us decided to walk through the bridge. So I too decided to cross the bridge. It was a little scary in at the beginning, but as I move forward I was enjoying the thrill of it. We made it at the other side. Thinking back, I can relate that bridge to my life. The other side of the bridge lies my aspirations in life. But getting there takes risk. It is not an easy path ahead, it is filled with obstacles and challenges. There are times I feel like that getting to the other side is not worth the risk. The fear of failure always whispers in my head. But looking at the bridge experience, the first step is always the hardest, but once you’re moving forward, it becomes harder yet also more thrilling. I believe there will come to a point that even life is full of obstacles, it can still be fun, knowing that your getting closer to our goals in life. You might say you are enjoying the wild ride, like the rollercoaster, halfway through it you are shouting your lungs out in enjoyment. After I reached the end of the other side of the bridge, there was a sense of fulfillment. I overcame my fear and the obstacle of the missing wooden steps. Success is sweeter because it was not easy. Life is like that bridge I think. It is not perfect. Life is filled with missing steps, but still we must find way across it. We will never have the perfect scenario or road towards our dreams, but it is still attainable. One of my favorite saying of Mother Angelica is, “Do not let the perfect ruin the good.” If I have waited for the bridge to be in a perfect condition before I crossed it, I might not have crossed it at all. And even it I crossed it in a perfect condition, it would not be as fulfilling as crossing it damaged.

Blog by Daxx Bondoc
(www.inspirationalblogs.com)

*If you want to repost this blog please include From Inspirationalblogs.com and the end.


No comments: