Friday, January 30, 2009

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. - William James

I want to share some of my favorite quotes.

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.
Josh Billings


When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me".
Erma Bombeck


The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
Robert Byrne


Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars.
Henry Van Dyk


Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets.
Arthur Miller


All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
Henry Ellis


In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

No comments: