Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Do You Know That There are Other People Living here on Earth Other Than You?

I am amaze how much “Me” messages out there in the media and in our society. I saw once a guy wearing a tee shirt that sums it up, “It’s All About Me”.

I have noticed that many of us have become insensitive and even indifferent with other people. I am always amazed when I ride a jeepney how people will not move even though one person is already having a hard time sitting, even if that person is a woman. They just sit there as if seeing nothing. I think that best defines our society today. Insensitive.

For a third world country, where the poor is all over the place, we have the talent not to see them. We are all to preoccupied with our selfish desires, that we forget that other people are suffering. We all have excuses not to help them, while we shower ourselves with stuffs we don’t need.

This is what Jesus said about our lack of action in helping others.

“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ “Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ “Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ “These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

No comments: