Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

Last Sunday I went with 2 sisters to visit the houses of poor families near our area. I always enjoy going house to house and visiting and talking with the poor. They always make me realize how much of a wuss and complainer I am to God. Hearing their problems makes me looks selfish, and I thank them for making me realize that. After more than 3 years of serving the poor, they still break my heart when I hear about their struggles. Just seeing their houses already grieves me. No human should live in those conditions. But the reality is that there is poverty. And we must do something about it. After 2 hours of walking we went home. I said to myself that I should practice more gratitude towards God for his blessings and stop acting like a sissy.

“Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God” - Dr. Bob Pierce (founder of World Vision)


Blog by Daxx Bondoc
(www.inspirationalblogs.com)

*If you want to repost this blog please include From Inspirationalblogs.com and the end.

No comments: