Sunday, December 16, 2007

Preparing for His Coming



Filipinos has this tradition called "Simbang gabi" or dawn Mass. It is a novena mass which serves as a preparation for Christmas. Typically many people attend the first few days of dawn masses and then starts to dwindle. I was sitting at the back of the chapel this morning observing at the Mass attendants as I usually do. I was thinking do they really know what is really going on? In a brief moment we will be receiving Jesus Himself in the Eucharist? Are we preparing for His coming to our soul at that moment? We Catholic celebrates not only Christmas day but Advent as well. Advent is a time of preparation! I was thinking for some days now how will i prepare for the coming of Jesus this Christmas? These past few weeks trial after trial comes. Advent feels like lent! I was thinking Christmas is about joy! Why am I getting all these trials that really saddens me? Upon reflecting I thought of where Jesus was born. He was born not in a majestic castle but a stinky stable! He was born in poverty! I think all these trials that are coming my way is the preparation for His coming. Jesus wants my heart poor as that cave stable where he was first born. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, theirs is the kingdom of God" My heart should be poor, meaning it should have no worldly attachments. My heart should be emptied from the things of this world that preoccupies it. Jesus cannot fill our hearts if its full of junk. "Martha you are busy with many things, but Mary took the better part and it will not be taken from her." Jesus said to Martha in the Gospel. Somehow all this trials coming my way is God's way to detach me from worrying about them. When I am all stripped down, holding on to nothing, then I can start opening my hands and holding on to God.

God Bless

Blog by Daxx Bondoc
(www.inspirationalblogs.com)

*If you want to repost this blog please include From Inspirationalblogs.com and the end.

No comments: