Monday, February 2, 2009

How to View Failure in a Different Way

Failure is painful. Some of us never recover from it. Others out of fear of failure are crippled to live life to the full.

So how do we overcome failure and not be overcome by them?

Having suffered a lot myself, here is what i learned. I look at my failure as data. It is information that came out of a process or experiment. I try not to put emotional labels on the said failure or data as I call it.

I call my failure as undesired outcome or result.

I don’t think the saying “I tried and nothing happened” is the right way of looking at our failure. If you “tried” then something “happened”, that is simple physics. If there is an action, then there is a reaction. What we say “Nothing happened.” what we actually say is “I did not like what happened.”

Even in not doing anything, something is happening. You are “wasting your time.”

Great people have suffered a lot of failures and disappointments. What makes them different from us is they did not give up. They used their failures as stepping stones for their success. Like Bo Sanchez said, they failed their way to success.

“All misfortune is but a stepping stone to fortune.” - Henry David Thoreau

If you want to be great then be ready to fail or to have undesirable results with your effort.

Be great. Don’t quit.


Blog by Daxx Bondoc
(www.inspirationalblogs.com)

*If you want to repost this blog please include From Inspirationalblogs.com and the end.


No comments: